Last week there was a very large fire in an apartment complex in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The fire broke out in the apartment of 59-year-old Ellen Luckey on Conselyea Street last Friday. The fire was so intense that firefighters were unable to fight it from the inside and instead choose to put it out from outside of the building. More than one hundred fighters were said have been called to the scene to fight it. Of this number four suffered a few minor injuries.
After the fire was safely put out firefighters found the body of Ellen Luckey in her apartment. They pronounced her dead at the scene.
Brooklyn investigators have found out that a burning cigarette was responsible for the fire that killed Ellen Luckey. They said that she was smoking in bed on Friday night and it was “the careless discard of smoking materials” that caused the fire that engulfed the third and fourth floors and also spread to the second and first floors. Thankfully, no one else was killed or hurt in the fire. Everyone else in the building had to be removed due to future safety concerns.
For more of Brooklyn news, keep your eyes tuned to here.